3.02.2011

There's a new kid on the blog!

Hey!  Momma's got a brand new blog!

I feel that this moment should be accompanied by a blast of Motown brass, and I know that I could add "said music" after finding some instructions in the edition of Blogging for Dummies I've borrowed from the library.  However, this blog will encourage reader-participation, so please go on hearing that James Brown classic in your head, or you could hum it.  Your choice!

Following that build-up, I should probably share some mind-blowing revelations about this endeavor...am I right?  Well, not this time.  (hee, hee)  Instead, I'll write about my humble plans for this project.  As you may have guessed by the subtitle, I want to share my crafting-prowess (I think it's called being 'artsy-fartsy') with you.  I've so greatly enjoyed touring others' craft blogs, and I've thought that exceptionally girly and childlike thought, "I want one too!".  Who wants to be left out of this kind of fun?  Not I!

My adorable husband supports this undertaking because this blog is the one and only free thing about my participation.  Yeah, right!  I've already made two trips to Goodwill stores and four others to JoAnns.  In my defense, I found exceptional bargains at Goodwill, like a thesaurus for eighty-eight cents and a desk chair for $4.38, and I always shop with coupons at JoAnns.  (Fellow Craft Mavens -- You know what I'm talking about!)  Anyway, my AH (Adorable Husband) fully desires me to explore the treasure trove of materials that fill our basement closet as I create my "crafterpieces".  (Aside:  I personally gag every time the media creates a mash-up of celebrities' names or of two other words, eg. "Brangelina", "Gleek", "Tomkat".  Witty as these concoctions may be, do we really need more of them?  However, in the interest of making my blog more appealling to readers, I will include current trends.  So, my homage to this wordplay is the mash-up of 'craft' and 'masterpieces'.  And I absolutely recognize that I'm probably not the first to think of it.)  Back to my packrat tendencies...I know that I need to use and/or purge with some things, and I will do that.  However, it's inevitable that as soon as something is passed on, I'll have an epiphany and need it...badly!  Many of you understand this dilemma.  You suffer through the same deliberations.  I know that I can't keep everything, and I never want my storage spaces to resemble an episode of Hoarders, but until I'm completely sure that I cannot make something lovely with my treasured backstock, it will stay.

This blog, like all others, is a work in progress.  I plan to add many more elements as soon as I understand what they do, decide if they fit my purposes, and customize them to my tastes.  I definitely want to add links to share the amazing creations I've seen made by those with even more crafting superpowers.  You'll 'ooh! & aah!', just like I did.  Seriously!  My biggest goal is to summon the courage to link some of my finished projects to other crafters' blogs.  It's essentially a 'show & tell' moment, and linking is the pathway to membership in this crafting community.  Deep breaths...fingers crossed!

I hope that many of you will read along.  I also hope that you will post comments by clicking on the word 'comments' at the end of this post.  Feedback is always encouraging and helpful.  Besides, you may be the one who shares the exceptionally brilliant idea that helps me when I need a better solution!  And, I promise, to the best of my ability, to always weave in some optimistic humor while describing my attempts at ingenious crafting.  It's the only method of weaving that I can do....for now.  (See, see, optimistic humor.  I'm already making good on my promises.  Don't you love that in a blog?)  I'll be sharing again really soon, so please add me to your internet favorites!  Have a blessed day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

please leave a message....beeeeeep